10/10/14

magic













I scored these leather jogging pants (is that what people are calling them nowadays or is just me and Kanye?) on sale a few weeks back and was ecstatic; I've been searching for leather pants for what seems like forever and had no luck in a finding a pair that fit me right. Then, like magic, there they appeared on the sale rack, calling my name. I tried them on and they were pure perfection: with their slouchy, relaxed fit and tapered leg, I knew I would wear them just as easily with heels as I would with sneakers. And all this time I thought that leather leggings were going to be my answer!

I decided to wear them for the first time with this silk Vince blouse that I picked up last year... which I also happen to own in pink and green (shows the true testament of how great I think it is). I love the simplicity of Vince's silk pieces; there isn't a lot of fuss, but they pay very close attention to detail. The Chanel jacket was my birthday present to myself this year (Chanel > everything) and it's proved to be one of the best purchases I've ever made. It's a classic jacket silhouette for them and really ups the ante on any outfit (I'd probably wear it with sweats if I found the right pair). I think investing in pieces that you'll wear all the time for years to come is a smart move - I'm all about cost per wear. Which I guess explains my obsession with shoes and handbags. I can justify anything if I put my mind to it!

Jacket: Chanel | Top: Vince (old, similar here) | Leather Pants: J.Brand (similar here, here) | Heels: Prada (similar here) | Bag: Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment