11/3/14

Wednesday










I can't believe it's already November! Although Halloween just happened, I wore this outfit to work last week and immediately felt like I was channeling Wednesday Addams (minus all the passive aggressiveness and angst, obviously). Since the temperature has seriously dropped over the past few weeks, layering has been key to staying warm. I lived in this Rebecca Taylor dress over the summer (it's sleeveless) so I knew that when fall came I would want to continue to wear it - probably with a blazer and some tights. Instead, I decided to mix it up and throw a cropped sweatshirt over it so you could still see the tweed detailing of the bottom half (the best part!) and pop on some knee socks and oxfords to really amp up the whole school girl look. The dark lip, ruthenium necklace and leather jacket keep it from being too kitschy - and girly. Just the way I like it.

Leather Jacket: Theory "Adashi" (similar hereherehere| Sweatshirt: J.Crew | Dress worn as skirt: Rebecca Taylor (old - similar here, here) | Knee socks: Target | Oxfords: LOFT | Necklace: J.Crew (old) | Lipstick: Tom Ford "Black Orchid" (discontinued, similar color here) | Bag: Chanel Maxi 

No comments:

Post a Comment